*The Backdoor is a work of fiction and humor
By Sandy Grossman
Halloween is right around the corner and that means it’s time to decorate your dorm room! But no one wants to spend a fortune on decorations, so here are ten fun tricks that will put the “do it yourself” in “do it yourself Halloween decorations.”
- Paper Ghosts! Everyone loves snipping snowflakes when Christmas rolls around, but why wait until December? Just grab a few sheets of printer paper and cut out some spectral shapes! Draw on a face for extra fun!
- Stick some stray cats to your window. No one will notice they’re gone.
- Jack-o-Lantern Luminaries! Just grab a Sharpie and draw triangular eyes and a mouth on an old white paper bag. Set it down on a table or walkway and throw in an electric candle. Switch it on and it’ll give the room a seasonal glow. That’s all there is to it!
- Perform another satanic ritual. It’s been so long since the last one. I’m sure he’s getting hungry again.
- Sacrifice that guy from your Political Science class. Ya’ know, the one who’s always talking about how Plato would have supported authoritarian rule and calling himself a “gadfly.”
- You still have that man, that man from last Halloween. He would make a good sacrifice too. It’s not like you were going to do anything else with him.
- Don’t forget to gather up his teeth. You wouldn’t want to skimp on the dark lord.
- Then light the candles. Get out the chalk.
- Now repeat after me: Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlic, Belial. Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlic, Belial. Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlic, Belial.
- Flying Bat Streamers! Find a few orange or white streamers and cut some bats out of black construction paper. Tape your creations to the streamers and string them up! It’s easy! A Halloween classic in just three easy steps.